Become a part of EMI Health’s growing organization. EMI Health is an employee benefits firm providing medical, dental and vision insurance products to companies and individuals in 10 states. We provide our employees with an outstanding benefit package that includes paid medical and dental coverage for employees, paid time off, holiday pay, vision, life, disability, HSA and retirement savings plans. In addition, we provide our employees with a fully equipped onsite fitness center and subsidize mass transit passes.
We are a tobacco free workplace, hiring non-tobacco users only.
EMI Health is an EEO employer as defined by the EEOC.
SUMMARY OF JOB:
Under the direction of the Sales Manger, the Account Manager is responsible for the preparation of group insurance renewal proposals and servicing the needs of commercial employer groups and brokers. This position interfaces with actuaries in developing renewal rates, loss ratio, and experience projections when preparing renewals for existing group business. Duties include strengthening member awareness, effectively communicating between EMI Health (EMI) and its members. This is a full-time, exempt position. Hours are generally 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Serves as the liaison between EMI and its brokers and commercial groups.
- Ensures that informational materials needed at open enrollment meetings are prepared and ready for distribution.
- Develops and prepares contract renewal information, rates, benefit options, and renewal letters.
- Verifies that ID cards and member handbooks are received by the employer groups within the designated time frame.
- Increases revenue by increasing enrollment participation on voluntary products and cross-selling other products.
- Maintains client groups by 90% retention.
- Performs detailed review and cost analysis at client’s annual renewal.
- Oversees any plan modifications and educates employees regarding specific changes.
- Develops and prepares contract renewal information, rates, benefit options, and renewal letters and handles any contract or SPD modifications for self-funded groups.
- Provides customer service for employer groups, including medical, dental, disability, life and flexible spending.
- Builds trust and relationships in the market with current commercial and education groups by communicating frequently to brokers and their client groups face-to-face when needed and educating them on current products and programs available to them.
- Communicates results of new group contract and group contract renewal negotiations, including benefit options agreed to, premium rates, effective date, benefit programs and other pertinent information to staff members within EMI for implementation and servicing.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma with some college preferred plus four years of professional experience within the medical and dental insurance industry. Demonstrated competence in group benefit plans; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Utah insurance license.
- Must have the ability to handle duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision and display professionalism in judgment and decision-making.