Become a part of EMI Health’s growing organization. EMI Health is an employee benefits firm providing insurance products to companies and individuals in Utah, Arizona and Texas. We provide our employees with an outstanding benefit package that includes paid medical and dental coverage for employees, paid time off, holiday pay, vision, life, disability, HSA and retirement savings plans. In addition, we provide our employees with a fully equipped onsite fitness center and subsidize mass transit passes.
We are a tobacco free workplace, hiring non-tobacco users only.
EMI Health is an EEO employer as defined by the EEOC.
SUMMARY OF JOB:
Under the direction of the HR Manager, the HR Specialist assists the HR team in a variety of tasks including personnel management, recruitment, benefit administration, and other ad hoc projects. This is a full-time, exempt position. Hours are generally 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Inputs employee information and updates changes in HR database.
• Provides personnel policy and procedure guidance to employees. Answers with HR related inquiries and questions.
• Reviews applicant resumes and applications for open positions, pre-screens candidates, schedules interviews, and checks references.
• Maintains employee personnel records and files.
• Assists with benefit administration including new hire orientation and enrollment, open enrollment, special enrollment changes. Assists with FMLA administration and tracking.
• Performs HR administrative duties such as email correspondence, filing, record keeping, scanning and copying.
• Maintains knowledge and researches changes to state and federal employment laws.
• Prepares and maintains new hire, termination, and benefit packets.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field is required.
• Two to three years related experience in HR.
• Knowledge of state and federal employment laws.
• Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Exhibit high degree of integrity and maintain strict confidentiality standards.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook).