We are a tobacco free workplace, hiring non-tobacco users only.
EMI Health is an EEO employer as defined by the EEOC.
SUMMARY OF JOB: Under direction of the Enrollment Supervisor, the Enrollment Representative receives and processes new enrollment applications, enrollment changes and dis-enrollments in the claims system. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Hours are 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Receives and reviews enrollment applications forms for completeness and accuracy. Requests additional information from the Group as needed.
- Enters new enrollment application forms, electronic 834s, online enrollments and cancellation requests accurately and in a timely manner.
- Processes dis-enrollments, additions and changes, including address changes.
- Responds to incoming calls and interfaces with customers via telephone to respond to routine inquiries and resolve concerns.
- Communicates with the group enrollment contact via telephone or email to resolve enrollment issues and answer questions concerning the enrollment process.
- Assists in matters related to premium billings and reconciliation of payments received.
- Performs assigned duties and tasks to meet departmental and corporate goals, improve operational skills and increase knowledge.
- Provides input for creation and maintenance of Enrollment policies and procedures.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to learn new software skills as needed.
- 10-key by touch.
- Must have the ability to work independently and interact well with other departments and co-workers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.