Become a part of EMI Health’s growing organization. EMI Health is an employee benefits firm providing insurance products to companies and individuals in Utah, Arizona and Texas. We provide our employees with an outstanding benefit package that includes paid medical and dental coverage for employees, paid time off, holiday pay, vision, life, disability, HSA and retirement savings plans. In addition, we provide our employees with a fully equipped onsite fitness center and subsidize mass transit passes.
We are a tobacco free workplace, hiring non-tobacco users only.
EMI Health is an EEO employer as defined by the EEOC.
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Customer Service Supervisor, the Customer Service Representative interacts with customers to resolve problems, answer questions and explain insurance benefits and procedures. The Customer Service Representative handles inbound calls only, no outbound cold calls or sales pitches. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Hours are 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Interfaces with customers via inbound calls to provide solutions to routine inquiries about benefits and claims.
- Researches customer information by effectively using internal technical tools in response to inquiries including but not limited to, authorizations, payments, coordination of benefits and eligibility.
- Investigates, analyzes and resolves outstanding issues to achieve customer satisfaction and takes responsibility for following through and bringing issues to closure.
- Maintains accurate documentation of all customer interaction.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Effective keyboarding skills and computer knowledge.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with medical and/or dental insurance helpful.