Become a part of EMI Health’s growing organization. EMI Health is an employee benefits firm providing insurance products to companies and individuals in Utah, Arizona and Texas. We provide our employees with an outstanding benefit package that includes paid medical and dental coverage for employees, paid time off, holiday pay, vision, life, disability, HSA and retirement savings plans. In addition, we provide our employees with a fully equipped onsite fitness center and subsidize mass transit passes.
We are a tobacco free workplace, hiring non-tobacco users only.
EMI Health is an EEO employer as defined by the EEOC.
SUMMARY OF JOB:
Under the direction of the Customer Service Manager, the Customer Service Trainer conducts new hire and on-going training for the Customer Service department. This is a full-time, exempt position. Hours are 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Conducts new hire and on-going training for the customer service department. May assist with training in other departments as needed.
- Keeps up with and applies the latest teaching techniques to a corporate training environment.
- Works to keep training programs vibrant and entertaining in order to engage employees and trainees.
- Prepares lesson plans, training and testing material, with the approval of management.
- Ensures that all training materials are compliant with laws and regulations governing the insurance industry.
- Assists with researching and writing department Policies and Procedures (P&Ps) and is responsible for posting the completed P&Ps for user access.
- Monitors performance during the new hire training period. Develops reports that document job performance of all new hires and existing staff.
- Provides reports and makes recommendations to management. Sets goal to increase efficiency and effectiveness of EMI Health’s training program.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates degree or minimum of three years related experience in a similar position; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills along with the ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills as well as the ability to be an active listener.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and management skills.
- Ability to motivate and engage trainees in discussions during educational sessions.
- Knowledge of terminology specific to medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations. (COB, Medicare, COBRA, ACA, MHPA, etc.)