Become a part of EMI Health’s growing organization. EMI Health is an employee benefits firm providing insurance products to companies and individuals in Utah, Arizona and Texas. We provide our employees with an outstanding benefit package that includes paid medical and dental coverage for employees, paid time off, holiday pay, vision, life, disability, HSA and retirement savings plans. In addition, we provide our employees with a fully equipped onsite fitness center and subsidize mass transit passes.
We are a tobacco free workplace, hiring non-tobacco users only.
EMI Health is an EEO employer as defined by the EEOC.
SUMMARY OF JOB: Under the direction of the Compliance Trainer, the Document Specialist assists in production of written materials related to insurance contracts and member handbooks for publication by performing the following duties. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Hours are generally 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Assists in preparation of policies for filing with the Department of Insurance.
- Assists in production of member handbooks and contracts by inputting information and revisions as instructed, formatting final copy, and posting documents in HUB.
- Consults with department supervisor to evaluate individual project needs.
- Reads copy to detect errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Assists in verifying facts, dates, and statistics.
- Confers with author regarding changes made to copy.
- Maintains all master contracts and files of selected corporate communications.
- Prioritizes, tracks, handles, and maintains records of the elements and time schedules of multiple projects.
- Assists Benefit Communications Committee by preparing agenda, scheduling room, etc., and attending BCC meetings.
- Records and prepares minutes for Healthcare Reform/Compliance Committee and Board Audit Committee.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two-year degree in a related field with emphasis in technical writing; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient with Adobe Professional and Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with insurance policies and other plan documents preferred.