Reports To: VP of Underwriting
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Become a part of EMI Health’s growing organization. EMI Health is an employee benefits firm providing insurance products to companies and individuals in Utah, Arizona, Texas and Georgia. We provide our employees with a fully equipped onsite fitness center. We are a tobacco free workplace, hiring non-tobacco users only.
EMI Health is an EEO employer as defined by the EEOC.
SUMMARY OF JOB: This is a full-time position. Oversees the underwriting of all products, rate calculations, product development, data analysis, agent communications and group reporting.
- Assists with providing, recommending, and implementing strategies related to underwriting.
- Assists with development of pricing strategies to maximize growth, profits and retention.
- Assists with premium rate calculations. This includes calculations for renewals and RFPs.
- Works with Actuarial and Marketing departments in the development of new products.
- Summarizes and quantifies changes in benefits, costs, and trends. Using statistical methods, models experience and forecasts future events.
- Conducts cost/benefit analyses and evaluations of programs.
- Creates basic correspondence to communicate data and the interpretation thereof.
- Organizes, prepares, and delivers insurance quotes to agents and clients.
- Develops and prepares reports for agents, clients, VP of Underwriting and Chief Actuary.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of computer programming desired.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must be self-motivated and able to function in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and manage time.
- Must have exceptional analytical and organizational skills.
- Must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized college or university. Preferred areas of study include Actuarial Science, Statistics, Math, or Business.
- Underwriting or insurance experience is preferred but not required.