Download Job Description (PDF)
Become a part of EMI Health’s growing organization. EMI Health is an employee benefits firm providing insurance
products to companies and individuals in Utah, Arizona and Texas. We provide our employees with an
outstanding benefit package that includes paid medical and dental coverage for employees, paid time off, holiday
pay, vision, life, disability, HSA and retirement savings plans. In addition, we provide our employees with a fully
equipped onsite fitness center and subsidize mass transit passes.
We are a tobacco free workplace, hiring non-tobacco users only.
EMI Health is an EEO employer as defined by the EEOC.
SUMMARY OF JOB: Under the direction of the Actuary, the Underwriting Analyst I oversees the underwriting of
all products, rate calculations, product development, data analysis, agent communications and group reporting.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Organizes, prepares and delivers insurance quotes to agents and clients.
- Assists with providing, recommending and implementing strategies related to underwriting.
- Assists with development of pricing strategies to maximize growth, profits and retention.
- Assists with premium rate calculations, including calculations for renewals and RFPs.
- Assists with rating and presentation of all products sold by the company.
- Works with Actuarial and Marketing departments in the development of new products.
- Summarizes and quantifies changes in benefits, costs and trends using statistical methods, modeling
experience and forecasting future events.
- Conducts cost/benefit analyses and evaluations of programs.
- Creates basic correspondence to communicate data and the interpretation thereof.
- Analyzes, compares and evaluates fees provided to providers ensuring fees are reasonable to providers
- Develops and prepares reports for agents, clients, VP of Underwriting and Chief Actuary.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized college or university is required.
- One to two years of insurance underwriting preferred.
- Dedicated professional with unquestioned integrity, a strong work ethic, and respect for others.
- Evidence of successful leadership experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Utah’s health insurance industry.