Download Job Description (PDF)
Department: Information Systems
Reports To: Development Manager
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Become a part of EMI Health’s growing organization. EMI Health is an employee benefits firm providing insurance products to companies and individuals in Utah, Arizona and Texas. We provide our employees with an outstanding benefit package that includes paid medical and dental coverage for employees, paid time off, holiday pay, vision, life, disability, HSA and retirement savings plans. In addition, we provide our employees with a fully equipped onsite fitness center and subsidize mass transit passes. We are a tobacco free workplace, hiring non-tobacco users only.
We are looking for motivated and capable software developers who are excited about building top notch applications for our customers.
EMI Health is an EEO employer as defined by the EEOC.
SUMMARY OF JOB: Under the direction of the Development Manager, the Programmer II is responsible for overseeing translation development, scripting and automating inbound and outgoing files, creating and updating dashboards, and resolving communications and data translation errors. This is a full-time, exempt position. Hours are generally 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: A successful developer will effectively manage multiple issues in a timely and efficient manner, be able to multi-task, as well as learn new mapping and programming skills quickly.
- Partner with team members throughout the organization, using data to deepen customer relationships, drive revenue and identify customer growth opportunities.
- Learn new applications, processes and procedures.
- Help to automate and improve processes for employees, using a variety of
- Customize and automate EDI transactions.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, resolve and process inbound and outbound files.
- Work with Exchange data, ensuring compliance with rigorous federal standards.
- Build innovative ETL solutions for every phase of the data lifecycle
- Develop SQL code and build ETL packages to integrate data.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four years of work experience as a Developer.
- C#, Microsoft SQL Server experience required.
- Biztalk, Postgres, XML, and XSL experience is a plus.
- Understanding of standard X12 formats, especially 834, is a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong technical management and technical problem resolution skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively.
- Ability to perform application build and testing of applications.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.