Download Job Description (PDF)
Become a part of EMI Health’s growing organization. EMI Health is an employee benefits firm providing insurance
products to companies and individuals in Utah, Arizona and Texas. We provide our employees with an
outstanding benefit package that includes paid medical and dental coverage for employees, paid time off, holiday
pay, vision, life, disability, HSA and retirement savings plans. In addition, we provide our employees with a fully
equipped onsite fitness center and subsidize mass transit passes.
We are a tobacco free workplace, hiring non-tobacco users only.
EMI Health is an EEO employer as defined by the EEOC.
SUMMARY OF JOB: Under the direction of the COO, the Mailroom Supervisor oversees and coordinates
activities of clerks who open, sort, and route mail, prepare outgoing material for mailing and image documents.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Hours are generally 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Supervises mailroom personnel:
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency.
o Manages day to day operations of the mailroom.
- Prepares important documents including claims for scanning. Manually indexes document
- Catalogues and records scanned data. Inputs data, tracks activity and retrieves information.
- Completes quality checks of archival system for accuracy of scanned documents and makes
corrections as needed.
- Sorts, opens, distributes, collects and prepares mail. Makes trips to the post office, delivering special mail,
etc. Keeps record of registered mail and certified mail, both incoming and outgoing.
- Receives deliveries. Completes a receiving report for purchasing and accounting.
- Helps train new employees and cross train existing personnel.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- At least 2 years experience working in an office environment.